Sunday, July 29, 2012

TABLE NAPKINS

i'm always trying to par down on consumables and simplify my home life.
and of course as i have confessed here often i love to collect things from by gone times.
{ my favorite books to read is anything from the mayflower to around 1950's }.
so i got to thinking about paper napkins that are on my kitchen table.
my thinking went like this: they are expensive, non reusable and only take up space in the land fill.
i could find no redeemable use for them in my home :(.
then i got to thinking.....land sakes i have been collecting real dinner napkins at estate sales,
lots of them.
so i started going through every nook and cranny in my home and look what i found :)
all those great napkins that so many women used in their homes and i had the privilege to bring into my home !
so i cleared off the drop zone
cleaned the table
ironed a vintage table clothe
pulled down a favorite blue bowl
wash and lined dried all the clothe napkins
{ no ironing }
folded and placed my lovelies in the blue bowl on the vintage table clothe
on kitchen table and
viola.


i'm smiling 
how about you ?




how are you simplifying your nest ?

2 comments:

Kathryn D. Duke said...

You do have quit a stash...I have some I have made through the years and my sweet mama's too, and it makes guest feel so special when you use them. My mama's hours of pressing and starching her linens for her pretty parties is long over as I LOVE the shabby chic look. So I say...good for you!!

Bonnie said...

I love your vintage napkins. I must say I'm not doing a very good job of simplifying my nest lately. But I haven't been blogging much and that's helping me get caught up on some much needed chores. Does that count?

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)