Sunday, July 8, 2012

DROP ZONE

i'm smitten with a good home cooked meal.
and nothing screams home made like a good stew and buttermilk biscuits!
on really hot days i pull out the slow cooker and fill it with "what evers",
meaning what ever needs to be used up in the frig.
since we are not big meat eaters in the summer when it is really hot , a soup bone is all that is needed for that good ole fashion meaty taste.
 simmering the bone with some meat on it releases wonderful minerals, things like calcium, vitamin B12, linoleic acid and palmitoleic acid. all this wonderful STUFF is what keeps our bodies going.
they help fight pathogens and viruses as well as lower cholesterol and have anti-cancer effects!
i know red meat and bones.
why oh why have we been told for the past 40 years to eat synthetic foods?
so let me tell you this was oh so tasty.
we ate on this stew for several days and the little that was left we shared with the puppies.
{ yes they were grinning ear to ear }
something else i love about a meal such as this is the simplicity of it all. a little meat, lots of veggies, biscuits, simple spices.. hmmmm.
doesn't get better than this!


my kitchen table seems to be the drop zone for everything from A to Z.
some days { more often than not lately } their is no room to eat at the table....ugggg!
i'm trying to daily clean off the table so we can use it for the purpose it was designed for,
sharing meals together!
we all have drop zones in our homes and some how the kitchen table became ours after the children were grown and gone.
i must of been an organized mom when i had young children
because now with fewer people to pick up after things seem to be going to the dogs!


what are some of your favorite summer recipes?
and where is your drop zone?

4 comments:

Kyle said...

We like to grill anything outside during the summer and my drop zone are the kitchen counters.

Alica said...

You should ask me "where ISN'T" a drop zone in my house! :) I want to be organized, but everyone's got to cooperate to make it happen...

As for favorite summertime recipes...I'm still wondering myself. Cooking right now seems to be all thrown together at the last minute. Maybe having a cut up and cold watermelon in the fridge would qualify? :)

Angie said...

Dang, Eileen, I could have SWORN you were talking about my kitchen/table/house 'gone to the dogs' ROLF (cause mine really has!!!) :D P.S. Could you not have Overnighted me a bowl of stew and a biscuit???? I can see the grins on those little wienie pups' faces now! :D Hugs

Angie said...

Dang, Eileen, I could have SWORN you were talking about my kitchen/table/house 'gone to the dogs' ROLF (cause mine really has!!!) :D P.S. Could you not have Overnighted me a bowl of stew and a biscuit???? I can see the grins on those little wienie pups' faces now! :D Hugs

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)