Wednesday, October 28, 2020

THOUGHT I WAS DONE....


Glorious SNOW came in and over 14 inches! It was cold, below zero cold and as 2020 would have it, our furnace was not working! We spent 36 under quilts with winter jackets on until the heating guy could get to us. Warm now!





I thought I was done 'putting up food' for winter but then this beautiful Hubbard pumpkin was on my counter. Hubbard pumpkins are BIG and make the best pumpkin pies, bar none! 


This smoke cloud was over the city for several days before the snow began to fall on Saturday night! 
So much destruction! 
Fall here in Northern Colorado has been a real trial. Few days spent out on trail walks, (or any walks), fall colors not seen, no Indian summer days experience, no savoring the last days before winter hibernation. 
Again, 2020, I am looking forward to seeing you in the rear view mirror!

4 comments:

karen said...

send me some snow!!! (glad you got snow!)

Sarah said...

That is a lot of snow! I certainly hope it helps to improve the situation. And I hope your house is toasty warm now!

Mary said...

14"!!! I cannot wait to see 2020 in the rearview mirror. also, I wish my pantry were stocked like yours is! (I did check the OTC meds at Costco yesterday - we got our flu shots - and they were fully stocked. so at least our medicine cupboard is fully stocked - thank you for the heads up!)

Jane said...

Goodness how fortunate the snow arrived. We had a little over 2 inches in southeast Ne. That squash looks like it will make a great pie. Stay warm.

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)