Wednesday, December 2, 2020

CATCH UP


Sleeves yet to be knitted


Second sleeve started


Vanilla Sock


Waiting on buttons ordered weeks ago


Quilt-Civil War Tribute

It has been awhile since I have posted, having no reason for not posting over the last month but perhaps laziness. 

November was spent at home doing a lot of knitting, quilting and binge watching of series, The Queen, A Place Called Home, The Spanish Queen, and The Queen's Gamit, Knitting Podcasts, with some long walks thrown in and only the necessary housekeeping. Staying in 99% of my time has a surreal effect on me, mornings running into evenings, then bed, only to do exactly the same the next day, ( I still have the same quarter tank of gas in my car that I had starting November 1.)  Yesterday, I did run to the library to return books in the outside return box, our libraries are closed again, having only curb side pick up available. Then I decided to pop into my LYS to quickly pick up a few more colors of Rauma yarn for a color work sweater I have in mind to knit. I was greatly disappointed that a couple came in and had their mask on only over their mouths, and the women kept siding up next to me to see what I had in my hands, all the while TALKING!  I kept moving further away from her, and she looked at me as if I was being the rude offensive one. I quickly paid and exited the shop, wondering, am I going to regret, (with my life), the purchase of yarn. I am constantly perplexed that people continue to fight wearing masks correctly or at all, what is the problem? After Yesterday, December looks to be more of November and the same quarter tank of gas in my car!

New to me Knitting Podcasts:

Stitching in Sweden

Knitting by the Sea

Knitting Traditions

Inspiration over at Kat and Giny

11 comments:

Vera said...

Love those socks! I keep saying I want to try some of that yarn, but I have not yet. And your Humulous is gorgeous - love the colors you have chosen.

Kym said...

Okay. I have wanted to knit a Hummulus for EVER. And yours may just inspire me to move it up my (in-my-mind) queue of upcoming knits. I just love the colors you're using. All of your projects are wonderful! :-) I've used more gas than you have . . . because I did a lot of travel back and forth to our cabin over the summer months. But I do still have the same $60 in my wallet that was there on March 6!!!

Kath (BackstageKnits) said...

I really love your Hummulus! And ugh people are so frustrating! Once over the summer I went into a restaurant to pick up a gift card and both customers and staff were wearing masks without their noses covered! Sigh...

Jane said...

Your projects look great. The Hummulus is so pretty and the Hyphen is a darling pattern. I know a tank of gas lasts a good long while.

Sarah said...

My Humulus is one of my favorite sweaters. It fits so well! I expect one day I'll have to knit another because I'm likely to wear out the first.

I get really frustrated with the people leaving their noses hanging out of their masks. Also the people letting their masks hang under their chins or who take their masks off to talk on the phone. I was at the post office Monday morning and the clerk who helped me didn't have hers on, even though you're required to wear a mask to enter!

Mary said...

You are making some lovely things while you're staying SAFE at home! All those sweaters and those socks *hearts!* My favorite, though, is the quilt. WOW! I was sorely tempted by Isabel Kraemer's new Jingle https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/jingle-2 ... and in a fingering weight, might be a better choice for me that the Humulus ... hummmmmm....

Terrie Sandelin said...

Your knitting and the quilt are just gorgeous.

And people not wearing masks is both baffling and annoying. I was in a store a few weeks ago and had to remind the store employee to put on her mask. Ugh. It just provokes so much anxiety, and in these already anxious times, who needs more piled on?

Hope you are having a wonderful Christmas season!

Violet said...

Beautiful knitting projects!

Karen said...

Wow, lots of sweaters, and a beautiful quilt!!

steph said...

you may not have been blogging, but oh, my!!!! the knitting that has been happening is FABULOUS....and that quilt!!! Your hands have definitely been busy. (So agree with the mask thing....hope all is well with you!!!)

karen said...

beautiful beautiful projects! You have been a busy little crafter.

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)