Monday, October 12, 2020

STAYING IN


Hyphen Sweater/Rios, Lettuce



Last week again due to COVID, ( numbers rising, we are now in 'high risk' ) and all the smoke from the fires, I stayed inside. It was a busy week though, I had some really good books-

Along with good reading came another Hyphen sweater ( Rauma Yarn) cast on from the stash.
The Lettuce, Rios Hyphen sweater was finished 2 weeks ago. Guess I am in a little kids sweater mood. They are fast and satisfying to be sure.

I had a rather large order arrive from Isee Fabrics and dove right into sewing up little sweat pants using Oliver & S pattern. I LOVE, LOVE this fabric, organic and naturally dyed! And it is very reasonable priced! My order was large but as soon as I sew it up, I am ordering more!!! 
  Cold weather, I am sure is on the horizon and with restrictions in place, COVID, I am determined to make these cold days ahead profitable to my mental health. 
Sewing, knitting,  quilting, rug hooking and perhaps a little spinning? Reading for sure and lots of audio books. 

5 comments:

Kym said...

That's the spirit! Getting Through It . . . with books and projects and a bit of hope and determination! Those little sweat pants are just adorable! :-)

Mary said...

Oh my - those sweat pants are THE BEST (and coming from this one who completely adores kid sweaters, that's saying A LOT!)

(I still need to check out the real book library for those titles ... I wish we had an app that was as easy to use as Libby for that!)

Sarah said...

I really feel bad for folks who aren't crafty when we need to hunker down and stay home. They probably have a much more difficult time of it, whereas we're happy to stay put for as long as we need to because we have so much to keep us busy! The little kid sweaters are so cute, and those sweatpants are adorable!

Pam said...

I liked House of Sky - are you a fan of Ivan Doig? He sure has a distinctive voice.

karen said...

such a sweet cardigan, stay safe!!

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)