Friday, October 14, 2011

FABRIC and SEWING


The sewing room is coming along.
I have organized one wall of fabric
and one wall of fibers...
Though their are two more walls to complete.
However, the great news is I have found the carpet, I can see the entire floor of carpet.
It is blue and lovely.


I have been working on a table topper [ this fabric ] for my daughter.
and using the "Cotton Theory". 
Construction is in parts 
Cutting smaller sections
quilting it
then putting the sections together.
It takes a lot of fabric
and a boat load of thread.
I get to use all the fun decorative stitches on my machines { yes machines }.
So yes I have the manual out to see how to use the machine and those 100 plus stitches.
Every new stitch is an inservice.
All the fabric and thread in this table topper gives it a wonderful heavy weight.
I like this.
Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Alica said...

I know someone who would LOVE to see this sewing room! :) Happy sewing!

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)