Saturday, October 22, 2011

FALL and CLOTHESLINES

 Fall, who doesn't love this season.
Fall has always been my favorite!
The air feels so refreshing
cool days
cold nights
even a little frost on the trees in the AM
The colors are vivid
awe inspiring
gardens are ready to put up and away
leaves rustling under foot
wind twirling leaves up in the air
smells of the first smoke to rise out of a chimney..
is one of the wonders of the world.
cooking stews and heavier foods
baking with ginger and pumpkin


Fall also brings the waning days to use my clothes line. 
The days are shorter and the sun is lower
 temperatures dropping a few to several degrees a day.
I have fewer hours each day in the fall
to dry clothes out on the line.
Oh how I would love to use this baby all year long.
But then maybe one of the reasons I love this clothes line is that it is seasonal.
A time for everything.

2 comments:

Julie Mankin said...

I love all the fall colors, but not the fall temperatures.

Angie said...

Your photos and writing are beautiful...Fall is my favorite time of year too, and I love everything about it! I just built my first fire of the season last weekend...

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)