Sunday, October 9, 2011

FINDING THE SEWING ROOM


I found myself with about 7 days off from the hospital.
My plan was to head for Chicago and hug and kiss the BOY.
But
He was very busy with no spare time for his MOM
So plan was to find the sewing room.


The above is the emptying of just ONE, 1, UNO cabinet.


Oh how shameful
Though I must admit I found fabric that I was going to go out and BUY
to finish a LOVELY quilt..[ more on that later ].


One bag of WOOL
I have loads of WOOL and yet I seldom sew with it.
I love the look
but always seem to have something ELSE to work on..
WOOL the forever will GET to Project.


Admission #2....I had  several warm HEART felt moments going through all this fabric.
All the FABRIC THERAPY over the years has been successful.
Fabric just makes me HAPPY


During REST times I had my HOOK out.


Working on this
LOVELY blanket.


My HEART just sings 
CROCHETING
with loads of 
COLOR


Mr. P{ otherwise known to me 
as the PERPETUAL COLD MAN }

will appreciate this WARM 100% WOOL blanket to sleep under this 
WINTER.
{ now I need to figure out where I will be sleeping this winter. for surely I will MELT under such a toasty throw }.
Now I need to get back to the SEWING ROOM
I still have 3 more walls to pull apart and organize.
I am thinking of doing a few give aways.
Oh and I have loads of stuff to get rid of. What do you do with fabric that you no longer love?

6 comments:

Julie Mankin said...

The fabric I don't love is still sitting on a shelf in my sewing room.

Kyle said...

It looks like you have a wonderful fall project ahead. The fabric I don't love I have donated over time to Project Linus or have actually used for donation quilts. I'm pretty much left with fabric I love... for the moment.

Jan said...

Fabric that is not so loved anymore gets boxed up and sent to the attic (which is very accessible). I sold some at my guild's garage sale and put the money toward more fabric!
Don't feel badly about how much you have. As you say, fabric makes you happy! We seem to feel the need to justify, though, don't we?

Kathryn D. Duke said...

Just finished rearranging my fabric closet...take a look, post Sept. 29, 2011.

IT WAS A JOB !!!! and I did not have nearly as much as you.....but I am sure will be get in done!! I now feel all organized...

Nice granny squares!!

debbie @ happy little cottage said...

Love your grannies! I chuckled when you said that you would melt under your blanket :) I have been known to have bedroom windows open during a blizzard! Good luck with the clean out. Not sure what to suggest about the fabric. A HUGE quilt? :)

Terrie Sandelin said...

Fabric does make us happy, doesn't it? (Too happy sometimes). Wouldn't fabrics you don't much care for anymore go great in a rag rug -- then it's all color and who cares about the pattern?

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)