Sunday, July 9, 2017

9 JULY 2017 SLOW and REAL



















It's been a full couple of days here at my house. Now when I say full, I don't mean overly busy, but rather a slow steady movement forward, this includes napping.
Finished quilting a baby quilt, needs a good wash now.
Started -then completed another baby quilt top and backing.
Made a bacon,artichoke quiche....yummy.
Read two books - The Lost Quilter was good
The Giving Quilt was terrible. I kept reading the book because I identified with two of characters and wanted to see how things turned out for them. The ending was a major let down! I told Eric "now that was a waste of time." 
Eric and I went out for breakfast, then over to Farmers Market. Shopping Farmers Marker just plain feels good to me. Good 'real' food and supporting my community, yup, leaves me feeling good. Met a really nice father/daughter team from Nebraska and had a very friendly chat , politics included . We were on very different wave lengths regarding politics but it was pleasant to see the good in each other and what brings us together, rather than what separates us.
 Something to remember, look for the good in people first.
Of course I continue to knit on Brassy as well. I think I may be seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Let you know next week. 
Found on Netflix another good murder mystery show 'The Doctor.'
Takes place in Australia post WWII, one of my favorite time periods.
Keep it slow, deliberate and real!

No comments:

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)