Wednesday, December 19, 2012

YARN ALONG






slowly getting through knitting my whippoorwill
needed to wind more yarn to complete the scarf.
i find something very satisfying about winding yarn. 
i love the " balls " of yarn
they stack so nicely.
i wish i could fill the table with wound yarn
i think i would leave it on the table as decorations
it seems to me that sitting and looking at a table of colorful wound yarn would be very soothing.
i'm also just finishing up the second pair of boot leggings.
these are a fun knit,
a little fuzzy to start them but after the start nothing but mindless knitting.
a great knit to watch a christmas movie.

reading taproot and zone 4 magazines.
taproot is a first for me and i am impressed with the writing.
i have really enjoyed the article about trees and their age.
it's heart breaking to have any of these old trees cut down.
zone 4 i bought to start the dreaming of the garden possibilities.
never too soon to be planning one's next garden.

please join me over with me
Yarn Along
with ginny

3 comments:

karen said...

I could decorate an entire first floor with yarn cakes :) love the colors of your shawl-it would go with my wardrobe ;)

Kyle said...

As you know I'm not a knitter, but I do love the colors and textures of balls of yarn!

Hannah said...

I haven't got around to this issue of Taproot but I hope to over Christmas.
I don't have a winder but I really enjoy winding my skeins using the back of a chair for help, I find it very soothing.
Knitting to go with Christmas movies sounds perfect. Merry Christmas :o)

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)