Sunday, October 7, 2012

THE QUILTS THAT FLEW TO PENNSYLVANIA

i love to make quilts....no surprise to those who have been reading my blog for sometime.
and lately i'm really enjoying making "modern" looking quilts! traditional quilts have always been what i have made but mixing things up is so good for my soul.
and these colors made my heart sing.
my goal was to use colors outside my comfort zone, to use the fabrics all up,
 to design my own backs and to machine quilt all three quilts.
i also designed the fronts of two of the quilts.
mission accomplished ;)









the pictures are not the best, { sorry }- i forgot to take pictures till it was rather late in the evening.
oh well, but aren't those girls cute!

3 comments:

Alica said...

Mom told me about these quilts...those are some lucky (and cute) girls to get such nice quilts! :)

Kyle said...

Your designs and colors are wonderful. I'm sure the little girls were crazy about them.

Bonnie said...

The quilts are surpassed in "cuteness" only by those darling children. Love the cheery colors and I love your new header too.

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)