Saturday, December 10, 2011

WINTER and CHRISTMAS


I'm a little behind here in every aspect of my life.
These photos were taken last week during yet another snowstorm.
I love being home when the wind is blowing and the snow is flying !


I was worried about Rocky though. He lives high in the tree {3rd picture from right}.
That tree bend and swirled in the snowy weather.
I wanted to go out and yell up to Rocky " are you doing alright up there"?,
but then what if he answered" no I'm cold ".
Then what, would I be obligated to ask him in to sit by the fire and have a cup of tea?
These things can just get to involved and confusing, so I just watched the tree and his nest all day.
He should of had a good layer of fat under his belt, Rocky ate most of the pumpkin.


I did get the house decorated today. I always hem and haw about how much decorating I should do.
I try to remember what goes up must come done and be put away!
So I chose the middle of the road this year,
enough to be cheerful and Christmasy,
but not to much where I will be overwhelmed on January 1, take down day!


Saddie and Sam helping Eric getting the fireplace lit. Do not let them fool you they are only interested in lying in front of the fire soaking up it's heat.

3 comments:

Alica said...

Your dogs are adorable! Are they sitting by the warm fire tonight? With all the snow you've had so far, I'd be glad for a warm fire! Have a wonderful Christmas, and tell Aunt Alice hi for me! :)

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Cute they all look sooooooooo confortable by the fire!

Hugs, Carolyn

Kyle said...

Love the picture of Eric and the puppies. That says it all.

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)