Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas...Crochet....Snow


It is that time of year to get out the holly and lights.
I found some lights that I think belonged to DS that have been sitting in storage for the past 11 years.



So I thought I would throw them up and I mean literally throw them on the tree.
Yup, this is how they all landed and I did not change a one.
I had plans to throw more lights up the next day but this came along...



Another snow storm !


I really enjoyed the day,
playing Christmas music
sewing
and baking.


I was able to finish this candy eye baby crochet blanket


Using up some left over yarns.
She is sweet is she not ?
This lovely blanket is headed for Catholic Charities
I hope some beautiful little girl will enjoy being cuddle in her warm wool. 
I'm linking up the blanket with Crazy Mom Quilts finish up Friday.
I love getting things done !

3 comments:

Leslie said...

oh it's beautiful! what a thoughtful gift :)
I can't believe all the snow you have! I was wearing a tank top with jeans Thanksgiving morning! it's cool today though!

Alica said...

I just love that baby blanket! Now crochet is one thing that I can do...hopefully this winter I'll find some time...it's a great way to keep warm in the evenings when it's cold outside!

sunny said...

Beautiful afghan! So bright an dcheery on a cold snowy day.

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)