Tuesday, November 29, 2011

QUILT TOP


It is time to get some more tops done.
I have three girls to finish quilts for but thankfully they will not be sent as Christmas gifts.


I hope to have all three done and shipped by January.
Seems reasonable to me.
Today I am going to start decorating for Christmas.
This means I need to clean, put away and organize !


Sunday Mr.P and I went tree shopping. Anything Christmassy before December 10th is very early for this house.
But the thinking was that maybe, just maybe if we bought our tree early {meaning not a few days before Christmas} we would still have needles on the tree Christmas morning.
We found a seller {local} that harvested these trees last Tuesday. Yahoo, fresh very fresh !
Better yet  they are native Colorado trees !
The claim is that we will have needles on our tree through February !
imagine that...but by January I am tired of all the decorations and clutter,
the tree will be gone, recycled for mulch, so I will never know how it's needles fared .
We bought one !
Pics to follow when it is decorated
{ hopefully this will be before Christmas Eve }

2 comments:

Kyle said...

I have used those fabrics in a quilt top as well. They're fun and I know your girls will like them.

Amanda Jean said...

LOVE the quilt top!!! It's so bright and cheery!

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)