Sunday, November 13, 2011

HELLO

Boy, I did not mean to be gone so long, sorry.
When I'm working a lot I seem to blog very little.
I have spent most of today catching up with blogging friends.
Good to be back.

I finished my bright colorful afghan.


I loved crocheting this throw.
I used 100% wool that is slightly soft but has that warm wool stiffness to the fibers.


And it is warm and cozy.


The afghan took be almost a full year to crochet.
Doing the majority of the blocks when we were out in our camper.


Great road trip, camping project. No counting to speak of, I never needed more than 5 fingers to total my rows.
The least favorite part for me was putting it all together... seemed as if it took forever!!


Yes, I am very Happy with this project and will be making another crochet throw soon.


3 comments:

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Beautiful!

Thanks for sharing your lovely blanket!

Carolyn :)

Kyle said...

Your afghan is striking. Great colors for a gray winter day.

Julie Mankin said...

Love the afghan. Thanks to my mom, I have 3 and my kids each have one!

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)