Friday, July 31, 2020

ONCE A WEEK











SOAP

Smoked Ribs, corn, homemade potato salad, salad
Smoked Ribs, Potato Salad, Corn on the Cob, Salad

Getting to 'trace' with soap

Fried Chicken, Potato Salad, Corn on the Cob


This new blogger, I am not having fun with! I can't move my pictures around and blogger won't load them in the order I try to put them, sooo, I get this mish mash sequence of pictures! Ugh....

A couple of weeks ago, Caitlin and I decided to 'make' one day a week. Our first week was...
Canning Pickles. We put together Refrigerated Pickles and Dill Pickles. We forgot to put horseradish in the Dills, ( just something to rachet up the flavor, oh well next time.)
The pickles came out amazingly! It's hard  to let the jars sit and the spices to do their magic, but patience is a virtue, so I am told.
The second week, we made SOAP. I love homemade soap, I love making it and the only thing I love more, is to make SOAP with Caitlin. Of course, while making two basic batches of soap, we are planning our next batch....Goat Milk, and what essential oils to use. It is endless our plans and Caitlin has already found a local source for that goat milk!

Two year olds can be sooo funny! Gus walked into the kitchen and told his Mom, "I going to the library to pick up books and I have my mask on!" Cuz, you know all the germs out there. 
Kids, they will never know how much sunshine they spread in this crazy world.

After replacing all our appliances , I have been cooking and Eric has been smoking. 
I will say this stay at home thing, it has allowed us to cook some yummy, comfort food. And right now, I need comfort food a couple times a week!  The other thing in the kitchen happening is making dishes from scratch that before would of  been bought ready made at the store, like potato salad and all salad dressings. The hits have been, potato salad, cole slaw, and several salad dressings. The one pictured about, not so much, its Creamy Cucumber, needs some work. 
Are you cooking? I would love to hear all about your kitchen experience. 

6 comments:

Bonny said...

Your photos look delicious! (I thought the soap was a cake until I read the caption!) Some days it feels like all I do is cook. I don't like not being able to go out on the spur of the moment, but to be honest, it has been pretty tasty. Lots of zucchini fritters, corn on the cob, and tonight is crab pasta salad and zucchini corn chowder. I wish everyone wore a mask like Gus!

Mereknits said...

I am heading over for leftovers because that dinner looks delicious. My goodness you have been so busy. Enjoy and stay safe.

Mary said...

I love to see all your making! I don't do much cooking - that's mostly Marc's thing (he's REALLY picky and if he makes it he'll eat it) which leaves me lots of cleaning up. I don't mind - and the kitchen IS clean like I like it ... and the food is still good!

Patty said...

You've been busy! What a treat to "make" with family. My big adventure was Lomo al Trapo. If you take a look you'll see the instructions out there. It was pretty darn easy and unbelievably delicious!

karen said...

I want homemade pickles and I want homemade potato salad! Looks delicious :)

Jane said...

The littles do bring so much joy to our lives. The pickles look great. I made 24 pts of bread and butter pickles and am officially finished with pickles for 2020. It's fun that you have a making day.

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)