Monday, July 13, 2020

SAME SONG, VERSE (LOST COUNT)





  • Monday, Monday-another week of staying in for COVID. Sam old-same old. Blah..blah...blah.

    Things going on in my very slow life.
    Casted on a new pair of socks. Vanilla pattern, yarn Must Stash, Kama color way.
    The colors are very cheery and just what I need at the moment.
    Interesting book, written by a minister who is a relative of Robert E Lee.

    I have spent the day recovering my computer that I thought had TOTALLY crashed this morning. Over the years I have done so many 'work arounds' on this computer that nothing was working well, if at all. So I decided to down load a new upgraded system. Oops, I forgot to back up stuff, oh dear, I couldn't even open the new operating system and the computer kept turning off unprompted. Frustration plus! After many hours and loads of password changes,(which will only be very confusing to me down the road), I got this 'ole bag' up again. We will see how long it works, it usually goes hay wire every 3 months or so. Love them, hate them, can't live without them! Especially during a lock down, stay at home life.

    Meet Tilda, my grand-dog, and the back of my son down at Montrose Beach, (a high school hangout for me), Lake Michigan. 

    Keep safe!!

6 comments:

Bonny said...

I love seeing those much-needed colorful stripes! I wondered where there might be a lake like that in CO, but the answer is in Michigan. I was hoping my laptop would hold up long enough to finish filing taxes, and thankfully it has. Backups are now in order!

Mereknits said...

Very fun socks and photo of the water. Computer issues are such a mess. I applaud you for figuring it all out because I have to call my guy Andy to do everything I am so bad at it. Stay safe.

Jane said...

Amen - Can't live with an old computer, can't live without. You should quite patient. I love the bright cheerful stripes. That Must Stash yarn is so nice to work with. I just finished a pair of socks from that yarn - different stripe of course.

karen said...

don't you love technology?? I religiously back up EVERYTHING the first of the month. I live in fear that something dreadful will happen one day. I also back up my photos monthly to a flash drive, and to Flickr for the same reasons.

Mary said...

ha! I was thinking someone might be at the beach!! glad you got the computer up and running again (and good luck with those passwords). You, Sarah and Margene are gonna get me to try self-striping socks, aren't you?!

Juliann said...

I am in the process of making a decision on a retirement computer and need to do some back ups soon because I don’t want to lose stuff

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)