Monday, July 27, 2020

99 days to November 3.







Last week was a tough week here at Little House. We had to say good bye to our 'fat boy Sam! He blew his back out, not the first time, but this time the drugs were of no help. He became paralyzed and in so much pain we had him put down. I am grateful for having the decision to calmly  put a dog down, but what a decision to make, gut wrenching! Sadie, Sam's sister is here and she is lost without her mate. Just one more thing to get 'use to' in this age of weird 'get use to' COVID time. 
Friday, my daughter and I canned! I love canning and taking pics of all those jars filled with color and food. We did Refrigerated Pickles and Dill Pickles. We each had 10+ pints to put away at our home.  WE are planning one day a week 'making/doing' something in the kitchen. This week will be Lye Soap. 
Other things on our list:
Pasta noodles
peaches
raviollie with peas, or cheese or meat, etc.
dumplings, (Caitlin is a great at Chinese cooking)
Tamales?
Salsa [canned] 
etc, etc,etc.

99 days to VOTE- TRUMP -OUT -OF -OFFICE!!!!!!

5 comments:

Bonny said...

I'm so sorry and hope your good memories of Sam will help you get used to the loss in time. I love your pickle pictures and your kitchen-making-things days with your daughter. You've got lots of great ideas!

steph said...

I'm so so sorry you had to say good bye to your furry friend. Such a hard time, although, in his situation, a kind one.

Angie said...

This made me cry...sweet little Sam, and thinking of sweet little Sadie without him....sending quilted hugs to wrap everyone in.

karen said...

I am so terribly sorry for your loss!! So sad :(

Mary said...

I'm so sorry about Sam ... and Sadie. I hope she - and y'all - are adjusting. It's always crazy to me just how big the empty space is when we lose a pet.

and whoa, look at all those pickles!! I'm putting in all my votes for SALSA.

(and yikes, I can only hope we're gonna wake up on November 4 to that GOOD NEWS!)

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)