Saturday, August 8, 2020

PEACHES










Last Wednesday was spent canning 2 cases of peaches with Caitlin. We ended up with 29 quarts and about 7 whole HUGE peaches (left over)! Not bad for about 3 hours of work. 
The kitchen 'flow' was hard, I had the canning flow down in my old house to a smooth sailing ship. This new kitchen is much bigger and lots of room to move, but have to figure out the 'flow'! Also, without stone counters we had to bring in ply wood so the jars wouldn't burn the counters and table. Yup, Caitlin and I have both done that at one time or another. 
What is on the agenda this week coming up, I am not sure but I bet their will be something and it will be fun!

6 comments:

Bonny said...

I love those rows of golden peaches and sunflowers! I can almost hear the pings of jars sealing and smell the peaches, and can't wait to see what you do this week.

Mereknits said...

Those jars look beautiful all lined up. I bet they will be delicious. Stay safe.

Jane said...

Oh boy, I bet those are Colorado peaches. Yum. I wait for them to come to my grocery store. You will have some good eating this winter with all of your canning. Pretty sunflowers too.

karen said...

A bigger kitchen doesn't make things easier. I have a big kitchen and yet everyone is near the stove! I am impressed with the canning!! Yum!

Robin said...

Your peaches are a wonderful accomplishment. So satisfying to see all those sealed jars.

Juliann said...

I am always intrigued by the idea of canning. My mom didn’t start making jam or canning until after all of us left the house so I never learned.

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)