Sunday, July 5, 2015

4th of JULY












A very Happy 4th of July to everyone, hope your holiday was spent safely and with loved ones. 
I spent mine at home doing a lot of nothing, just the way Eric and I love our weekends. We did manage to get to a farmers market for some cherry pie and herbs for tea….yum.
Otherwise it was spent watching the History channel all the while sewing on a beautiful quilt , scrap quilt my favorite, knitting and some long walks taken early morning before the heat of the day. 
I’m on a roll again with the knitting, the fair isle dress is coming along nicely and my pi shawl is a great summer knit. So easy and mindless-just knit and knit and knit. 
It has always felt to me that once the 4th is over, summer is more than half over. The schools will reopen in less than 6 weeks- then on to my favorite season fall….
Normally I don’t like time moving so fast, but I have some amazing things happening in the near future.
Hope your weekend was calm and the week we are headed into even calmer.

No comments:

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)