Sunday, January 18, 2009

Things To Do




This has been a busy week with work and testing recipes for the house. i made laundry soap and love it, love it. Our socks, tee shirts and sheets are soo white and smell so good. I am never going back to the store bought stuff. The recipe is from Rhonda Jean at http://down---to---earth.blogspot.com. I also tried baking soda and apple cider for my hair and loved it. I did this because of an article in the UK about how their water has way to much chemicals in it from hair products, mainly soaps and conditioners. It is only a matter of time before it is a problem for us here in the States. Heck it could be a problem now we just have not been told yet.
The other thing I'm doing in my life is taking care of me. I am closely watching what I eat and looking up the nutrition values. Cooking meals at home from scratch, made 2 more loaves whole wheat bread. Then the biggie is I have been going to the gym and riding the ellpticlle for 30 min/day. At first it was very hard, but now I am beginning to enjoy it. I tell Mr.P that I am going out to get my" jello legs". My blood pressure has dropped very nicely from 150/102 to 120's/70's. Hopefully soon I can start reducing the BP meds.
Mr.P and I started the bathrooms yesterday. We scrapped out the old grout between the tiles, very dusty work. Today we will wear masks. Hopefully we can re-grout this afternoon.
The irish sweater I am knitting is coming along but very slowly and have only worked on the mystery quilt one hour this week.
Will try to post pictures later.

No comments:

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)