Wednesday, November 28, 2012

YARN ALONG









wednesday is now one of my favorite days...
why ?
because i'm in love with yarn along.
this past weekend has been a knitty 4 days with thanksgiving and all.
it is your basic top down yoke sweater.
their are several different patterns on ravelry.

the shawl is one i have been looking at for some time and decided i need to knit this for me.
madalintosh sock weight 

have been trying to get some reading in but i seem very slow.
always something else to do and i have never learned to knit and read.
walk and cast on....even walk and knit but sadly not knit and read.
i have read Lorna Landvik books and she always made me laugh
so am having high hopes for this one.
will be visiting around yarn along after work
looking forward to seeing what is going on in your knitting world.

11 comments:

karen said...

I believe you will knit and read one day soon. You need a very openable book and very simple knitting. like a hat. Love the sweater, I like top down sweaters for babies and for me!

Tracey ~ Clover said...

I have been eyeing Whippoorwill myself, it's a great pattern and yours is going to be just stunning.
I can't read and knit at the same time either, that is why I was so thrilled to discover audible books, they are great.

Alica said...

That baby sweater is beautiful!

Courtney said...

The whippoorwill has been in my queue for so long. I really need to make it for myself. After Christmas perhaps.

Anke said...

The Whippoorwill shawl looks amazing and you chose such a beautiful yarn for it. The baby sweater is just adorable!

Anonymous said...

Audiobooks have allowed me to read and knit at the same time.

Anonymous said...

Oh that sweater and shawl are going to be lovely!

Unknown said...

I adore your Whippoorwill. the yarn looks fab!
Have you tried audiobooks? I read and knit that way. I know it feels like it is kind of cheating, but I justify it by telling myself, so many good books out there and one life to read them all, not possible. Put an audiobook in the mix and I might just get through some!
Thanks for visiting my blog today.
x
Natalie
www.marigoldsloft.blogspot.com

Angela said...

I love the yarn along, too. Finding so many great blogs, books, patterns! Thanks for recommending that sweater - I have a deluge of baby showers coming up, and will CO one of these tomorrow. :)

Bonnie said...

Eileen your shawl is beautiful. You are getting so much done!

Bonnie said...

Eileen your shawl is beautiful. You are getting so much done!

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)