Monday, September 14, 2020

HELLO EARLY FALL



The weather is changing over to FALL, and a very welcome site! 
Nights are cool and the day temps this week will climb to high 80's but then a steady decrease in temps. This is very helpful for the Cameron Peak Fire, steady decrease in temps. Still little containment on the fire but so much work has been done in the past week. Thank you fire fighters for all your work! 

Knitting: not much done in the last week, quilting has taken center stage.
I have several quilts that are close to being done and really need to focus my attention on these quilts and get them completed. I set up my big quilting frame and loaded the Amish Quilt on, this quilt has been in the hand quilting stage for years and only the borders are left. I had forgotten how much easier it is to hand quilt on this frame. Nothing to gather, its all right there, ready to sit down to for a few stitches or an hour of stitching. This quilt will be finished by Christmas this year, (I hope). 
I have started the BOM quilt designed by DiFord, Sutton Grange, who sadly passed away late spring of 2020.
The fabrics sing to my heart,  a mix of appliqué and machine piecing with an overload of color and prints. A year long BOM quilt, perfect for COVID isolation going into the fall and continuing through 2021. 

Not a book read or started the past week, but plenty of books stacking up on my table to be read. 

The weekend was a mixture of calmness, quilting, and movie watching. 
 
Saying goodbye to late Summer and hello to early Fall.

5 comments:

Bonny said...

I love the colors in your Amish quilt and the combination of piecing and applique in the BOM one. This is a lovely reminder of my MiL. She was an avid hand-quilter and was happiest when she was sitting at her grandmother's quilting frame, calmly stitching away.

Sarah said...

I am so impressed by your hand quilting! It looks like something that would be very meditative to work on.

steph said...

There is something about the simplicity of an Amish quilt that just makes my heart sing. Yours is gorgeous!!! I quilted an Amish tote bag quilt pattern once that I think took me years to finish! But I was darn proud of that thing! Hmmmmm. Wonder what ever happened to it. I’m off on a scavenger hunt.

Kym said...

What a beautiful quilt! Such lovely, lovely stitching. I'm so glad the fires are less a threat in your area right now. Here's hoping the weather remains cool and cooperative. XO

Jane said...

Enjoy your quilting. I just love to hand quilt. I haven't had my big frame out for years but have loved working on some small pieces.

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)