Friday, September 4, 2020

A LITTLE TRIP









We went on a little trip up North to a Reservoir in Wyoming. Their was conversation with my sister, BIL, Caitlin and her family, food that was out of this world, sand, beach and lots of sun! Temps were warm but not crazy! Sunsets-beautiful and the moon rising----breath taking. Something that didn't happen....knitting, not one stitch! Never before have I gone out camping and not spent time knitting! 
September is here, one of my favorite months. The promise of cool weather, in fact we have snow in the forecast, here, at 5500ft! Not unusual, but getting more rare with Global Warming. Tuesday though, they are saying in the high 30's and snow, what a welcome sight that will be. Snow will be helpful for the fires burning North of us and will break the heat cycle,(the day before the snow, temps in high90's). Does this make one feel a little crazy,  no, if you live in Colorado by the mountains, the weather can and will change in extreme directions on a dime. I love it!

4 comments:

Bonny said...

It looks like a really enjoyable trip! I saw your weather forecast for 90s through Monday, but then a high of 39 on Tuesday and 3 inches of snow. True Colorado weather! I know the snow won't stick around, but I hope you're done with temps in the 90s for this year, and you can enjoy a beautiful fall.

Jane said...

What a nice trip. The tomato sandwich looks heavenly. Here's to snow in higher elevations. May this be a moisture rich fall and winter.

Sarah said...

I usually don't wish for snow, but I certainly hope you do get some to help with the fires! I love this time of year myself, and it looks to me like you had such a good time that you didn't need the knitting.

Mary said...

I can't believe I'm typing this ... but wow, that looks like FUN! So glad y'all really got away ... btw, SNOW?! I'm not even in for vicariously enjoying that!

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)