Monday, September 7, 2020

LABOR DAY WEEKEND


Out and about.



Bird Bingo


Love a little boy who can put on his own pants! Inside out and backwards!


Smoke  from Cameron Fire, Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park.
Thanks Julie for photo, My Sister Knits.


Sunrise Sunday


Smoke cloud over house


Our weekend was full, with the littles for a sleep over on Friday. This is the kids favorite day and they know what Friday means...."Sleep Over at Mimi's house". We eat dinner, (and a not very healthy one at that), then it's bath time, popcorn (their favorite), a movie and the grand finale; "sleep over".  Pretty simple stuff makes a 2 and 4 year old happy. Saturday, out for a walk, (before the smoke moves in), and Gus mastered the balance bike. Bird Bingo was a BIG hit as well.

By Saturday afternoon the smoke from the Cameron Fire was covering Northern Colorado. Window closed and the air turned on, it was also 100 degrees outside. Yes, I am soo over these high temps and the smoke clouds covering us are also dropping lots of ashes. I have had a sinus headache all weekend. But, the BEST news, SNOW! Yes, I will be like a little kid this afternoon with my nose glued to the window waiting for a 60 degree temperature drop, and the.....glorious snow! Oh, how we need this, 1) it will help the fire that now has crossed into Rocky Mountain National Park on the NW side and has moved further down the canyon, 2) we need a break in these ridiculous high temps. Besides isolating from people with COVID, lately I feel like a mole hiding in my basement from heat and smoke! Tuesday morning I will be outside with woolens and boots on, looking up and being grateful for cold-wet snow! 

While holding up in the basement on Sunday, I started this twilling dress for Betty. Today the buttons will go on, after I watch a You Tube tutorial on using Bernia button system. Buttons are my nightmare in the garment making adventure, I just cannot seem to master this much needed technique. Any help would be appreciated. 

 

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Sadly I cannot help with the button issue, but the dress is adorable! I'm so glad to hear about your coming snow. They actually talked about the big temperature drop in Colorado on our local news this morning!

Bonny said...

I've spent the day on the phone with Ryan trying to decide the best course of action for him. He's not under a voluntary or mandatory fire evacuation order - yet. His first instinct was to book a flight and come home, but we're both quite concerned about flying virus-wise. He's decided to stay put, keep up with alerts, and head south to a hotel near the airport if necessary. I have never hoped so much for rain, snow, and cooler weather. You and your family are in my thoughts and I hope you all fare well through these scary times.

karen said...

I hope you are all safe, those fires are super scary!!

Jane said...

Very sweet little dress. I have always had trouble with buttonholes but blame it on my old vintage machine. I can't offer any assistance. I hope the snow and rain arrive. Stay safe - what else can this crazy year bring?

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)