Monday, March 30, 2020

THE PAST WEEK reviewed







Last week for me was-anxiety that was days spent on the couch in my PJ's.
Knitting, meals and maybe one walk was completed last week, but as the US total number neared 80,000 the more still I became. I did get lots of laughs from my daughter sending pictures to me of what the kiddos were up too...MISCHIEF! 
Missy cut her hair all by herself! She is now accepting clients that would allow her to hone her skills on, no charge of course.
Next up, the two of them were set up with paints and HUGE pieces paper, why use paper when one has a beautiful face to paint on. 
Parents: We quit!
Me: You can't, until your dead!
Parents: Oh, that was not in the parenting books.
Me: Don't I know it.
Parents: New bar, I'm OK with anything they do as long as it does not involve a ride to the hospital.
Me: hahahahaha.
Sure do miss those cuties!

What are you cooking while on stay at home orders!
Not wanting to waste food, after making spaghetti, we used the left over sauce and made pizza on hamburger buns. It was actually really good! 
Things we are making to eat:
Spaghetti
potato soup
hamburger soup
scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes 
salads
clam chowder
oven fried chicken, wedge potatoes
Interesting to read and see, we have eaten A LOT of potatoes this past week. 
This week it will be a lot of brussel sprouts since that is what came in our fresh veggie/fruit bag. Any good recipes for brussel sprouts out there. What are you cooking this week?

The quilt is one my MIL made back in the 70-80's. She loved to cross stitch and then would send the quilt out to be quilted by the church ladies;-]

And, I had a finish this past week-Socks! Fastest pair I ever knitted, done in 2 weeks. My general time is about 1 year. Stress--oye vey!

Things I am not doing anymore:
Listening to trump talk!

5 comments:

Bonny said...

Thanks for the laugh! I'm sure their parents weren't amused. I had a few of those "new bar" days when my boys were young and was glad if nobody was dead, bleeding, or on fire. Congratulations on the super-speedy socks!

AsKatKnits said...

I am laughing with Bonny! Thank you for sharing that humorous conversation with us! (and I will pass on the hair cut now... but I might be ready by the end of April! lol)

Patty said...

That's a little mischief right there! :-) May your sock mojo come my way...I need to be done by 4/7. I did the cuff and 5 inches yesterday though which is pretty darn good! Here's to a week with no new remarkable news!

karen said...

as a kid I loved to cut my hair much to my mother's dismay. My sister cut her bangs so short there was barely an inch ! She is now a professional hairdresser! Things are the same over here and will be for some time. I look forward to our daily walks just to get out!

Mereknits said...

I read a meme that said, "Home schooling officially started and hour ago and I have already suspended my three kids." It made me laugh out loud because that is how I feel specifically today as I worked with Little Buddy for 7 hours to get him caught up. Stay safe and well!

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)