Tuesday, March 24, 2020

ANOTHER DAY














Another day, yet, not another dollar for so many!
My heart aches for all those that have no idea how they will survive for the next week, let alone another month. I know so many are helping out where they can, donating to food banks, helping kids meet their bills and making masks for the medical crews working the front lines. 
Remember though, the biggest thing one can do:
STAY AT HOME!
BEND THE CURVE!
I have not a clue what trump is thinking about sending Americans back to work!The only words I have for this is: 'WHAT F*#$@*%#@ are you talking about'
Ok, enough, lets move on to more realistic ideas to help us through this difficult time.

1. Yale is offering some free classes on line. I have signed up for the Happiness class.

2. Elise Joys Three Things- read about this on Mary's blog

3. Cooking/Baking- what is everyone out there doing in the kitchen? Are you a scratch baker/cooker or a prepackage kitchen diva? 
Share your recipes or your favorite recipe blog.
Allrecipes is my go to place.

Yesterday, I spent the day in the kitchen making bread WW/White and Banana bread. The bananas were over ripe and not wanting to waste them=Banana bread.
I have been making the majority of our bread needs from scratch for years. Why?, I like to work in the kitchen and I love the smells of fresh bread. Does it always turn out picture perfect? NO! Every time it is a little different, but always great tasting!

What I am knitting:
and of course- a pair of  vanilla socks 

What are you doing during the COVID-19 Stay Indoors!

PS: Love the different color of eggs(picture above).

4 comments:

AsKatKnits said...

So.many.good.things!!!!!

I love that sockhead cowl! That would be a perfect mindless knit to read by!! I am on the hunt for yeast... which is one of those commodities that it is impossible to get a hold of right now!

Bonny said...

Your Sockhead Cowl is beautiful, as are the eggs! I've been baking, too. Yesterday I made blueberry muffins, and your bread looks so good that I'm tempted to bake some of my own here today. I'm now registered for The Science of Well-Being so I thank you!

karen said...

thanks for the links! I am hunkered down in my house for the foreseeable future, and I will not go out except for groceries or a doctor appointment. I keep hoping we will see some positive news soon.

Mereknits said...

Looks like you are staying busy Eileen. As for the current person in charge could he have bungled this up any more than he already has? Yet his followers are still enthralled. Stay well my friend.

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)