Monday, March 23, 2020

MONDAY MONDAY....





What a CRAZY, unsettling weekend with our Nation in a pandamic crisis!
My household continues to be in isolation inside our house! The only person I see 'in person' is my husband, (which is a good thing). 

Oh thank God, 3M, just announced 500K N95 masks will be in Seattle and NYC tomorrow morning! I could start dancing! I have a daughter who is on the front lines now and I am worried that she has been put in a position of high risk because of the totally lack of preparation by the FEDS! 

OK, move on and let my pressure come down
Things I was looking at over the weekend:

Self Made
Review in the NYT.

The Best Chocolate Cookies
Recipe from NYT

You Tube

Netflix
Dr Thorne
Emma
Pandemic (i can only watch this in small doses ;-/)

Sunday we had a great meet up on ZOOM that Mary put together. It was so fun to put faces to names of blogs that I have followed for some time, but recently have become  an active participant/ leaving comments.

I am trying to do a meet up on ZOOM with some people here in my town tonight. let you know how it goes.

Books:
ordered today and recommended from above group:

In the Pictures:
My daughter wearing her HUMULUS
I made this for my other daughter(Erin), had Caitlin try it on for sizing and she decided it fit her like a glove. I have casted on (Erin's sweater)  3X, yes 3X, and keep screwing up the pattern and RIP.
Frustrating, and the project gets put aside.

We sold our house and CLOSED on the house. Crazy story for another time!


Ok, stay safe, stay home, and BREATH.

6 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Good morning. I am a new visitor to your blog. Glad that you and your family are staying safe and well in the midst of all this craziness. I was born and raised (mostly) in Colorado - Denver area. We live in Utah but both my husband and I love Colorado and love to vacation in places like Steamboat Springs, Durango and Pagosa Springs. Don't know if that will happen this year though with all that is going on. I will be back for another visit soon.

Sarah said...

Congrats on the house sale! That's certainly a bright spot in these strange times!

Bonny said...

You knit gorgeous sweaters! The Splendid and the Vile is on my list, but I actually have a lot of other books to finish up first. Sending good thoughts to your daughter that she always has enough PPE. I hope to meet you during the next Zoom knitting afternoon!

Juliann in WA said...

That Zoom with Mary was very fun and now I have a new blogger to follow!

AsKatKnits said...

BREATH is so important right now. I can't tell you how many times a day I am reminded to do that these days! (it is a dramatic increase!) I love that humulus! Gorgeous!!

karen said...

beautiful sweater! I think we will be knitting a lot more :)

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)