Thursday, May 19, 2011

GIRLS NIGHT

Last evening the girls and I had a GIRLS NIGHT out/in  here at my home. I cooked and baked all new recipe's and oh was it fun and tasty ! This is huge for me because I am not a cook, but I am a baker. I decided I would make the entire dinner, food I have never made before. 
We started out with:
wine
chili rellenos
guacamole
Marcela sliders with mushrooms and bacon
roasted carrots and sweet potatoes
and finally the richest Carrot cake I have ever lasted [ I sent this home with the girls ].
Table cloth on table and dishes from Betty, wine glasses from my Mom so we had 3 generations of women here in the kitchen.
The girls noticed and were pleased with all the fun things on the table.
I think this is something we will do more often. 
Today I am grateful for my girls and the wonderful relationship we have together.
[ Sorry iphoto will not let me pull up the photos uggg].

1 comment:

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Sounds as though you had a wonderful time together. Yummy food too, my favorite!

Carolyn :)

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)