Thursday, June 4, 2009

More Garden and Knitting

My gardens are looking great, I have enjoyed being outside( when it is not raining),weeding, planting and just hanging out on the porches knitting. It is cool but not cold and definitly not hot yet..Whawhoo! I do not enjoy hot weather anymore. 
I am trying a Debbie Bliss pattern with her cotton yarn. I love her patterns, the styles but she states to use a 6 US needle and to get her gauge I am using a 2.75US needle. Seems everyone I talk with has this same problem, what is this all about? Well I do think I will enjoy the sweater, it is very straight forward and a classical sweater. My daughter liked the pattern also, so am sure I will be making a couple of these sweaters.
Back porch knitting is only beaten by a good coffee shop knitting. I love both! Lately for some weird reason I really like drinking good coffee. It no longer keeps me awake at night! Glad to be through that stage and I hear it is now good for us. The more things change the more they stay the same
So grab a cup of joe and head out doors to your favorite spot for some relaxing knitting
Welcome to my yard!





No comments:

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)