Saturday, May 30, 2009

Week-End Knitting , Gardening and Soap

I made the soap several weeks ago and am letting it cure in the basement. This soap is wonderful, I use it for everything ,washing my hair, clothes, as a lotion, I mean everything!  The recipe can be found on down---to---earth blogspot.com. 
It is not yet June almost but not yet and the slow work on the yard continues. We have had so much rain that their has not been a full week end to work in the yard. So today the clothes line will be put up, some beans and zukes planted with a few more tomato plants. Mr.P put fresh mulch down out front which always makes things beautiful.
The irises are up and in full bloom
I have been working on a summer vest using King Tut cotton in a steel grey. I love the feel of this fiber, but the real test will be is the fit. I do not sew clothes for myself because I am never happy with resulting fit. Well the good thing here is if it does not fit me i.e; being to small then my daughters with great figures will be thrilled to have the garment.
This is the back and the front is 1/2 way finished. 
Am not sure what has gotten into me, I am a far more active quilter, but for some reason lately I just want to do mindless knitting, sit in quite, drink coffee and knit. I am going to enjoy this while it last. 
My daughter found her wedding dress( no she is not getting married) and it is a knitted dress!! She sent the picture on the internet and said maybe I should start the dress now. I do not think so. Can you imagine knitting a dress and then it does not fit how you imagined it would. NO THANKYOU.

Hope your week end is a wonderful one for you.

No comments:

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)