Friday, June 19, 2009

The Ugly Garden


Thought I would show some pictures of the after math of the hail storms that have blown through here. All the flowers are gone and the hostas are shredded. Oh well nothing I can do about this. However, am not sure I will replant any of the annuals.
Sad, but it was beautiful while it lasted. This is how farmers live every year and their crops are their livelihood, where my gardens are for pleasure.
Could shovel the back deck, Maddies toy took a beating.
The trees are stripped of leaves.

With all the storms I have gotten allot of knitting done and with the upgrade with comcast I have been able to see several history shows involving WWII. I love history, something my parents instilled in their children. Summer vacations for us were tours of the Civil War battle fields and old towns on the east coast. Now I would give my eye teeth to  able to walk through battle fields and old towns 3 weeks of the summer.

1 comment:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Aww, sorry about the bad weather you've been having:(

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)