Saturday, June 27, 2009

Quilting the Stress Away


Quilting is my first love in the craft world. I have always enjoyed running fabric through a sewing machine. When things  in my life get crazy I tend to run to my sewing room and make a quilt. last week was just such a week. Work was driving me crazy and a friend of my daughter died in an accident, sooo....to the sewing room and this is what I had made when I came out several hours later. I know most people go work out, run or eat, but not me. I sew a quilt!

 I saw a quilt similar to this on a friend to knit with. Normally, well always I am a traditional quilter. Yes I like all the "old" patterns. I do enjoy putting a "new twist" on some of the old patterns, but I do not care for "modern"quilts. Oh I enjoy looking at them but not making them. Quilts have to have a calming affect on me or I really do not care for it in my house.

Yes I am a scrap quilter. I love cutting up fabric and sewing them back together. Weird but calming to me. Happy quilting to everyone.



No comments:

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)