Wednesday, June 3, 2020

YARN ALONG





Boy, oh boy, having trouble uploading pictures to blogger. Computers, love hate relationship, that is how I feel about these machines! it must be an age thing.

Things I have been doing this past month:
cooking
bread baking
We are digging deep into the freezer for meat, experimenting with homemade salad dressing and cooking up dried beans that have been hanging around far too long in the cabinets.

Sewing, a spinning dress for the girl. She has decided she likes dresses and they must pass the spinning test! We have been having sleepovers every Friday night that have turned into dancing/spinning fest, and all to music that I grew up with...way back in the day;-/

Working on a REAL scrap quilt, using scraps that most quilters would just throw in the bin. I use telephone book pages for the base and willy nilly pull scraps from a HUGE plastic bin filled with every size and colors of fabric. One person's trash is another's treasure!

What I have finished that I can't upload the pictures :
Notice: the first summer shirt I have ever knitted for myself.
Triangle Quilt: finished the machine quilting.

Knitting:

Books:
Valentine  *****
Story of race, small community, Hispanic community, rape.
Pecan Man *****
You have to read this!
Civil War, women, South, rape, forgiveness, love marriage, redemption
Women, The West, Friendship, Redemption, Abuse.
Jefferson, US Politics, Revolutionary War, Family, Slavery
May was a month of reading about Women!

Reading Now:
Tightrope
The American Plague
Nothing to See Here
Eleanor Oliphant

In the NEWS:
A new low, Trump now GASSING peaceful protestors, in AMERICA!  This man is EVIL, has no regard for the Constitution and will be removed from office in NOVEMBER!


8 comments:

Vera said...

Love your quilt - so cheerful and colorful. And, a spinning dress sounds like such fun!! Thanks for the book recommendations. They all look very good. Maybe June will be my month to read about women!

Bonny said...

Your scrap quilt is great and I get spinning dresses, having had a few of them when I was a bit younger. I am in complete agreement about November. Every time I think he can't get any worse, he still mannages to sink to new lows.

Jane said...

I love the sewing. I have a drawer full of fabric strips for just such a scrap quilt. I have a hard time throwing away scraps of yarn and fabric. I love the little Spinning dress. My sister and I use to request our grandmother make "twirling" nightgowns and of course she did.

Amen. I am with Bonny. Each time I think he can't get any worse, he does something more awful. I was pleased that his former defense secretary spoke up. Maybe that will encourage others but then again maybe not.

Kris S. said...

Such a cute little dress. You've inspired me; I have had that same fabric in my stash for years. Clearly it should be a dress for my granddaughter.

Tiny Toadstool Cottage said...

I totally agree - dresses MUST pass the twirl test! It looks lovely.

Mereknits said...

I have never done a KAL and I really should because they look like so much fun. Love the dress. Happy swirling to your little one.

steph said...

i am so envious of your sewing skills!!! Just beautiful!!! And the computer thing!!! OY VAY!!! I switched blog platforms and I'm simply too old to conquer all the bells and whistles on this one. I'm lucky to get a post out!!!

I think you know, Freddy left us late last summer. Shira has now found a forever home with us, and she , too, blogs occasionally. She says, 'HI!'

Kristin said...

I love the quilt and I love it even more after reading how you are putting it together! Well done!

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)