Tuesday, June 16, 2020

MID WEEK IN JUNE






Erin sent me this picture of her in part of her COVID  uniform. She works for a huge health system in the mid-west that is seeing a spike of COVID patients and has been reassigned to ICU(she has ICU experience) from the OR. She is not thrilled with the reassignment, but times  call for all hands on deck. N95 masks are uncomfortable to wear and with a shield, oye vey!
My heart goes out to her, she is tough and a trooper;-}

Finished Juliette Shawl and I am happy with the yarn I used. I frogged an outfit that I wasn't happy with to re-use with Juliette. Wish I could tell you the name of the yarn, I lost the ball bands...yikes. I am terrible at documenting my projects. Juliette is a great mindless knit and calmed my anxiety during all the issues we are having in America.

Working on a reproduction quilt that I started last year. I really need to knock off several unfinished projects in order to start all the projects I have in my head. I love to start new projects, then get distracted with something else, misplace pieces to unfinished projects or forget about  said unfinished  project(old age)...yada yada. I think I am back on track now and of course have BIG plans.

3 comments:

Bonny said...

That is quite a uniform, but I'm glad your daughter has PPE and is hopefully not forced to re-use it. I hope she stays safe and well, and you continue to knit and quilt lovely pieces!

Jane said...

A big thank you to your daughter for her work as a nurse. The quilt looks pretty - I love pieced stars. I am with you - I have so many projects in my head and lots to finish. The shawl is pretty too. It looks like a shawl that will be quite wearable.

Mereknits said...

Your daughter is so brave as are so many people doing heir jobs to keep us all healthy, fed and safe. Love your shawl. Stay safe.

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)