Thursday, June 11, 2020

WHAT A MONTH!





                                                                        


WOW, this month sure is working itself into the pages of history and rightly so! I am optimistic once again with this country, seeing all the people, of all races out marching for change, and the majority are young! This is how real change happens! 
I am amazed that their is still a conversation around the confederate flag, a lost cause flag! A flag that symbolizes slavery and continued racism in America. I am so ready to move on, to look at my own biases, to help change policies across the landscape, to change! It is long past time! Remember to VOTE in November so we can start some real change in this country.

I finished NOTICE and wore it. Though I like the fit and the yarn I used, it is hot to wear! Of course, it is a wool and cotton blend. 'Notice' may, I hope, work for evening wear,( hahaha, like I have anywhere to go for evening wear and in a pandemic). Oh this summer will surely be one the memory books.

Have been getting some very interesting weather, rain, snow and high winds, (40-100mph winds) and of course hail. Thought my windows were going to explode during the last hail storm. The garden, if one can call my small box a garden did survive, though some of the flowers looking sad.

Soon, very soon hope to be camping and watching wild life. Always calming for me, being outside, under the sky and in the trees.

3 comments:

Jane said...

The sweater is great. What a nice fit. I am with you though - warm blooded and seldom wear even a cotton sweater during the hot summer. Maybe it will be comfortable for fall or spring weather. Beautiful photos of the sky. I hope you are camping soon. Being outdoors is a balm for the soul and much needed this time of year.

Bonny said...

I can't even think about wearing a sweater unless the temp is less than 65 but yours sure does look nice. "Evening wear" made me laugh! I'm hoping Ryan's cracked skylight survives your hail storms, at least until he finds someone to fix or replace it. You guys certainly do have some wild weather!

Mereknits said...

The sweater is gorgeous, and I think eventually you will be able to wear it for evening wear, just not for a while. Well if you were in Florida you would be able to go anywhere with all the crazies not taking this pandemic seriously. Stay safe.

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)