Wednesday, June 6, 2018

HEAT , GARDEN, KNITTING, YARN ALONG












Summer garden is planted and growing now, just as the heat is rising outside. Eric tells me this is forecasted as the hottest week of the summer! Oh, I hope so, not being a person who enjoys high summer temperatures. Thus far we have kept the house cool without the air on, but we have several more days to get through with mid 90's-to high 90's. August is the month that I feel so weighted down with the heat, could be just the accumulation of hot days after hot days. I usually call "uncle" in August and turn on the air before being reduced to a puddle of sweat and tears on the floor. People always say "but Colorado is a dry heat", blazing sun and heat  still feels like I'm being roasted on a stick!

Flowers are coming back after our last hail storm, this makes me smile. I rarely cut flowers from my garden to bring in the house thinking "but then their won't be flowers outside, what will the dog walkers look at?' I'm finding a balance with this habit, it only takes one or two beautiful blooms to brighten up a kitchen. 

Yarn Along News:
Knitting a Milo vest, using a skein from Ginny. I don't remember the name, ( I think I bought this from Ginny in her first batch of naturally dyed yarn sales),  it's a sport weight wool-super wash in a beautiful light peach that is soft, soft, really soft. Ginny's yarns are a delight to knit with that has beautiful stitch definition. My thought is a beautiful simple Milo vest paired with a pair of pants made by Meme, (that's me).

I finished a book! The Keepers of the House. So, so good, the ending being very satisfying!

Go on over to Yarn Along and enjoy some blog hopping  with some amazing knitters who are avid readers with wonderful book recommendations.

PS: We celebrated my baby's 33 birthday! Of course, her baby thought, WOW, Meme made me another cake with candles. Two year olds always make me laugh.

2 comments:

Rachell said...

Why the reluctance to use the air con? The cost? I cope ok with dry heat, but this pale skinned English flower wilts badly in humidity! I look a complete state and never seem to adapt.

Anonymous said...

Do you know the name of your peonies?

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)