Sunday, May 27, 2018

RAINY DAYS...then the hail came in!

















WOW, what a week! Tuesday started off as a beautiful sunny day! Come 6pm the temps. dropped like a rock and the hail came in with lighting, thunder and lots of water. My garden got smashed and I started over on Saturday. On the bright side, I got to go back to the nurseries for more plants.  Sad part, 6 weeks of early spring gardening ----GONE. Funny, only the West side of town close to the foot hills got hail, the East side -rain. Oh the story of a gardener. As my husband says: "this would be something to cry about if we depended on the garden to feed us all winter. Thank goodness for grocery stores!"
The following day, I went out to the second hand stores and had a blast! Lots of clothes for the grand babies with all sorts of great toys. I just love a good hunt and find day. 
I also started making jam, blueberry and strawberry! So yummy!
Ricotta cheese was made and frozen as well. For some reason I seem to have a surplus of milk on a weekly basis. The lasagna this fall and winter will be wonderful with this ricotta, so easy to make. Gonna try making sour cream this week.
The Grand babies are all dressed in hand knits from head to toe (pictures above). My heart swells seeing them in hand knits! I loved knitting garments for my children and it's even grander to knit for my next generation.

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

That was my exact thought while reading this, look at those beautiful hand knits on those beautiful babies. Have a great weekend.

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)