Wednesday, April 18, 2018

APRIL EARLY SPRING 4/18/18















I just know Spring is here, seems to be backing into the county though. And the wind, Lordy have mercy! We watched a huge crane and  tree cutters take down a ginormous cotton wood that split and fell on the roof of some condos. It was thrilling for Betty to watch the big trucks work and how they pulled and cut that tree off the roof. I'm afraid the roof was rather damaged! And all due to the high winds,  >60 mph around here, after several days of high winds,  I get headaches and cranky! Growing up in the "windy city," (Chicago), thought I knew wind, yes, it gets windy in Chicago even though the name"Windy City" was given to Chicago for a different reason. Moving to the Front Range, I was introduced REAL wind. More wind in the forecast, put on those ankle weights.....

Lots of the bulbs are blooming that Betty and I planted last FALL! Betty walks around the flower beds smelling all the blooms, (sometimes picking the flowers too). So, so cute!

Finished 'sandwiching' another 2 inch square quilt and ready to start machine quilting! I enjoy all the steps making a quilt but the sandwiching part. It is very 'futzy' to me as well as frustrating. I suppose everyone has their favorite and very least favorite part to all craft projects and now you know mine;-]  

Knitting wise, 3 sweaters on the needles, a shawl and 2 pairs of socks, yikes! One pair of socks is on 000 needles! My friend and I are knitting each a pair to see if this is a better wearing sock. Have decided merino wool is too fragile for socks and found some BFL at the Interweave Festival last week. The festival was a big nothing for me! Many of my fav dealers weren't there, though no fault to the yarn dealers, and very little fiber but fingering weight yarn and all highly processed! I did enjoy immensely  sitting out in the lobby watching all the goings on and knitting. Talking with people I only see at these events and of course visiting with friends I see often. I'm a people watcher.

Tonight I am attending my first American Sewing Guild (ASG). This guild has a group for couture sewing which I am very interested in. I have also been of late wanting to join another sewing/knitting/quilting group. It has been several years since I left the quilting group I had attended for several, (15 years or so), and am feeling the need/desire to join another group. I am excited to check out this guild, meet new people and see what is happening in the sewing world. Spring kinda brings me out of the house and my little world;-/

Garden is being planted early this year. Already planted-peas,lettuce, radishes,spinach,cabbage and 6 tomato plants in Wall-O-Waters. So exciting! Kale in tomorrow ahead of snow coming in on Friday.

May Spring be truly here....soon.....

1 comment:

steph said...

I envy your ability to juggle so many hobbies!!! Three sweaters?! and socks?!?! AND quilting? AND gardening!?! AND snapping all those photos?!? I used to be able to multitask in knitting, and now it seems I'm only truly loyal to my camera. Single focused (Ha!...pun there intended!) I haven't even found the time to throw more dirt in my raised beds....let alone actually plant anything. Must remedy that this weekend.

Love your little fire-chief!!! I'll be you have a major helper around all your crafts!!!

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)