Tuesday, January 2, 2018

FORWARD into 2018














We have been enjoying a very slow quiet Holiday week. I put together a 2018 list of UFO's I want to complete with a small list of projects ( knitting and quilting) I would like to start. This list at first was long and impressive, though not reasonable. I reworked the list to appropriate achievable goals, why set up a situation only to fail before the month of January turns to February. One project I am excited to be working on again is the Amish quilt I started years ago. I forgot how much I enjoy hand quilting, even though truth be told, I have to use a larger needle with a bigger eye. Aging, something not worth fighting, but worth learning how to work around changing physical needs.
Finished Betty's sweater to match the sweater I made Caitlin for Christmas. They were here for New Years eve dinner of White Bean Chicken soup, ( it was amazing ), and Mom/Daughter, when time to leave walked out of the house in matching sweaters. I know, why didn't I get a picture, oh yeah, getting a one month old and 19 month old out the door and all buckled into car seats is no small job, even with four adults! 
No fuss Gus is growing and doing well. The crud is gone! He is such a happy little guy with eyes that say:' I'm here for the great adventure called life.'

It's been cold and windy here! Hard to complain when my daughter Erin in Minneapolis is experiencing -20 degrees and frozen pipes! She had no water on New Years day, but lots of quilts and a line up of movies to watch! That's my girl! 

I completed the scrap quilt top above to the pattern instructions and yet, it doesn't feel complete to me. Borders, at three to four borders are calling to me for this quilt. Half square triangles, two rows with two rows of the dark blue print, this is what I worked out in my head last night before sleep!

Happy New Year!! What plans do you have for 2018?

No comments:

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)