Wednesday, May 10, 2017

10 MAY, 2017











Trying to stay focused with all the projects that need to get done...May has been full to the brim. Eric is almost done with re-laying the brick wall and all the replacement railroad ties that make our garden beds. I hope to get the beds turned, new top soil added and planted within the following week. The other, and much more important project, the construction of BB's mud/sand kitchen that will happen on the back porch. BB and I headed out to Goodwill to find a few items, which we did, but the best buy was the HAT, what a sun hat! BB had people stopping in their tracks to admire her fashion style.

I quilted the BRIGHT quilt, the brightest quilt I think I have ever made, a quilt that I pieced, I think 5 years ago and never quilted because the BRIGHT colors scared me. But, when BB saw the top she said: "WOW"! The quilt was machined quilted that week and given to sweet pea. I am afraid that quilt will only attract wasps outside, so it will be an indoor quilt.

Knitting wise, I am blocking a poncho knit " Shelter," I will then attach the shoulders and knit the cowl section. Not sure who will be the recipient of Shelter, I guess who ever it fits best.
I casted on my first Elizabeth Zimmerman guernsey sweater. The few instructions , measurements and math make me a little nervous, but what else is knitting but an adventure. I bought the pattern (loose instructions) and yarn from School House Press in Wisconsin. We will see how all this turns out........

It's raining here-all week long ;-  /

1 comment:

steph said...

knitting IS an adventure!!!!! glad you are along for the ride!

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)