Wednesday, May 17, 2017

17 MAY, 2017











Spring , and getting the garden ready is so exciting for me. The anticipation of growing real food right in my own backyard is nothing short of a small miracle in my world. What I don't understand is why everyone doesn't have a vegetable and flower garden!
Eric is busy getting the brick walk done, and boy howdy, was that a job! It looks beautiful!

Happenings on the back porch: well I put together a water/sand/mud kitchen for BB. The fun she has playing in this very SIMPLE kitchen is amazing. I feel that toys, simple toys, allow children the freedom to use their imagination. For me, to watch a child play using that amazing gift, (imagination), is better than any OSCAR movie. I also get some knitting done, in-between all the test tasting I get to do for BB.

Sewing: finished a cute SIMPLE dress for BB. Found the perfect buttons over at MSK  where I walked into a HUGE yarn sale! Can you believe it, I left with only the buttons. Couldn't find anything  I needed and let's face it, I am slightly overwhelmed with the GINORMOUS stash that I have stored all over the house!

The weekend got away from before posting this post and guess what...we are expecting rain tonight , tomorrow, then snow on Friday. Oh, Colorado- you never let us down. I went into the yard to pick the few peonies that have bloomed to enjoy in house while this cold, freezing snowy front moves through. I rarely pick flowers from the yard, unless of course roses, since they will bloom and bloom.

No comments:

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)