Friday, November 18, 2016

IT 'S SNOW SEASON







Finally, snow has arrived in Northern Colorado. Generally the first snow of the season arrives in October, but in 2008 it was not until December 3rd. For many{most} of us Northern Colorado inhabitants we wait anxiously for the first snow and if you are a knitter in NoCo the earlier the better!
Come on now, Colorado is synonyms with snow!
On the first snow day of the season soap was made at Little House with DD and a friend of DD. Of course BB was here and she is all set for the winter. I think the soap turned out good, { not sure how it is setting up, left my house for that process}, but the soap coloring was a golden brown and traced was achieved quickly and beautifully. We made a goats milk, oatmeal, rosemary with a hint of lavender soap! Doesn't that sound lovely?

It's cold but sunny out there today. My plans are to go for a walk sometime today but this morning I'm not sure if I even want to get out of my warm PJ's! I think I'll watch a BBC murder/mystery show and knit on Brassy Dress.
Stay warm and enjoy the day!

2 comments:

Doniene said...

Beautiful! I was raised on the western slope in Northern Colorado, but now I live in Texas. Sometimes I miss winters, sledding, ice skating, feeding stock and knowing you are keeping them going. A great life! Thanks for sharing!

Linda said...

That is one of the cutest babies I've ever seen. And I love her name!

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)