Wednesday, November 18, 2015

{11/365} YARN ALONG


Oh Wednesday or better known as Yarn Along day how I look forward to your weekly visit. I so enjoy looking at what other yarners are doing and reading. I have queued so many projects from Yarn Along on my Ravelry favorites. Books, so many amazing books to read and I have read several straight from reviews on Yarn Along.
Modern Natural Knitter is a new release. I have only glanced through it but it looks promising and chucked full of great information.
As for my knit, well I have been watching this for months on two blogs: Lori Times Five, [when is she going to start blogging again? Instagram is not enough]! and Lucy’s 365.
This is a VERY FUN knit and uses up yarn, [I think]. Scrap quilts are suppose to use up fabric but I swear I always seam to have more when done with a scrap quilt;-\
So I will see if I really use up much scrap yarn. It is a great knit…I’ve already said that haven’t I?
Check it out on Ravelry.
Join me over at SmallThings

9 comments:

karen said...

gorgeous knit on the needles and I love how it uses up odds and ends :)

Donna said...

What a great way to use scraps! I love Instagram but I do enjoy my blog so I try and keep up with both equally these days.

Caroline said...

Your colourwork is gorgeous!!

Lisa @ things here lately... said...

I always end up with a little more fabric when doing a scrap quilt...it seems I always need a little more of a particular fabric to finish it up! Haha! I would love to knit a Favorite Things Scarf one day. I love yours! *hugs* :)

EMMA said...

Your scarf is looking great. I'vé had one on thé needles for quite sometime, but I haven't worked on it in a whole.
I wish Lori would start blogging again too!

Amanda said...

That color work is AMAZING! I know what you mean about scraps. I like a scrappy looking quilt but when I just started quilting I had to buy SO much fabric to make it look scrappy.

Zauberflink said...

Oh, I've seen this at Loris Instagram - so yummy! I'm really looking forward to seeing how you go about it! It looks like soooo much fun :-)

CathieJ said...

I am looking forward to watching what yarns you use in that knit.

willyg said...

A very motivational post. I got all ready to start a My Favourite Things scarf, then wiped out when I balked at making decisions on patterns to include. If I didn't have so many distractions!
I could probably use the yarn along, though...

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)