Monday, April 9, 2012

OH THAT MIRACLE

yes that miracle that happens every time this year !!!
seeds that i planted 10 days ago are pushing up out of the ground!!
cold weather plants: kale, spinach and chard
are peeking through the dirt


looking out the window sipping my first cup of coffee this morning my eyes fell on these ever so small plants.
i squealed with glee, adjusted the specks to be sure i was looking at my first veggie plants of the season.


oh yes i was!
grabbed the camera and out the door to get those first pics.
the first plants of summer is as exciting to me as watching my young one year olds' taking their first steps.
i will be kicking my heels up all day long.
most likely be out planting more seeds.


easter center piece made my me, myself and i.
about the most easterly thing i've done my entire life.


i am not a big fan of the easter bunny and easter baskets.
i gave up the baskets and all that messy grass for mason jars early in my children's young life's. 
caitlin even claims one year i put the mason jars on the table with the bags of candy and instructions to fill your own!
i doubt this but am willing to pay for any therapy she may need.... [ she did text me from work last saturday thanking her dad and i for being laid back parents, apparently parents get a little competitive during easter egg hunts. my children never went to an easter egg hunt either. i am not very competitive.]


since i made the center piece for easter i thought i might as well make an easter dinner!
and cook i did, all comfort foods topped off with the best coconut cake i have sunk my teeth into ever!
erin set a beautiful easter table with dishes going back through three generations.


invited all family living in norther colorado.
for some reason i took very few pictures.


my girls: caitlin and erin
they do not care for their pictures to be taken but as with all other things i taught them, they will see the value in these photos years later.


we enjoy laid  back holidays



happy spring to everyone.
enjoy the tulips in your yard or vase.

3 comments:

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Happy Spring to you too!

Lovely post and your center piece is delightful!

Carolyn :)

Julie Mankin said...

love the sun on your tulips.

Bonnie said...

I wish I had planted seeds already. I can't wait to see wait you make with your beautiful vegetables. The only thing in my yard is quail. I have an Erin too!!!

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)