Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day 2008

Monday, Memorial Day was spent quietly watching Band of Brothers with Eric and Nate. Picture at right is Eric's reflection on the Vietnam memorial in Washington D.C. He was in Vietnam from late 1969 to 1971. I am so proud of him and grateful that he survived and came home. His mother told me she would mark off everyday on the calendar until he returned to the states. I can not even imagine. 

I did run over to My Sister Knits and picked up some yarn to make a rug at a wonderful sale, 75% off. Thank you Julie!!!! I love making rugs! 

Eric and I then took Nate to DIA for him to return to Chicago after a week end visit with all of Eric's family. Had a wonderful BBQ  in Audlt. The drive to Denver was easy,  the return trip we stopped at my quilter's, she was not home so left the quilt (Santa's) on the porch, hope she gets it. Half way back home the rain started and boy did it come down. I dislike driving in bad weather, but to home we returned safely. It has been a strange spring here in Colorado!

No comments:

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)