Wednesday, January 11, 2023

THE BEST TIME OF YEAR


Folklore shirt


 spacing button gadget

Yup, it’s January 2023, no denying it any longer. Time is flying by -especially winter, my favorite season! Winter is my season to tuck in and do all the things I love- sewing, quilting, knitting, rug hooking and spinning. Far too many hobbies for this women to get all the projects done that she has planned. But, I have a start;

I have finished sewing the Folklore shirt and I am very happy with the results. I am not a detail anything kind of a person, (depend on my hubby for those skills) so doing buttons evenly is always a challenge here. No more, I have this new gadget and it does all the thinking for me!!!! Also, putting buttonholes in, well my new Bernina does all the math on that as well, all I do is hit a button. Sewing life is good here. Another old invention, new to me to use is Fray check. Sew in a button hole, fill with fray check, let dry and when that button hole is opened it’s perfect!!!! How did I not know about that!!!!


 On the Knitting front;

Ozetta Highland Slipover-Brown Sheep yarn from stash 

Gnome Pun Intended by Sarah Schira  

Hat completed . Planning on a monthly gnome project (will see how many actually get done. Remember I am not a detail, fuzzy anything kind of a person. This will stretch me(thank you Kat, I fell in love with your gnomes))

Several more projects started but we will talk about those later in the month.


January is a great month to eat down the freezer and pantry foods. It’s the month for lots of soups, homemade breads, roasts and …….

I love cooking in January and so far this month we have only spent 4 dollars at the grocery store.  The challenge is on as to how little we will spend this month on food. I am sure we will be doing this in February as well. 


linking up with Kat

unravel Wednesday


7 comments:

Vera said...

Oh boy! I wish I had only spent $4 at the grocery store this month. Add some zeros to that and you have my number...and not even 2 full weeks into January! Your folklore shirt is charming. I have never seen that button spacing gadget before - looks interesting.

Juliann said...

We have been eating down the freezer too. Love you new night shirt

Sarah said...

Is the sewing machine that does the button holes the fancy one you got last year? Because that alone makes it worth it!

I don't love the cold and darkness of winter, but I do love being cozy with good food to eat and lots of crafts to do inside.

kmkat said...

Thanks for the FrayCheck/buttonhole idea! I had not heard of it either, and I have been sewing since ::counts on fingers and toes:: the mid-1960s.

Kym said...

Okay. I need one of those button spacer gadgets! I've seen them before, but never actually picked one up for myself. (I think it's time.) Enjoy these winter, hibernate-y months. :-)

Jane said...

That is a handsome shirt. I too love the winter months and time tucked indoors. Good luck with the gnome project. They are darling.

AsKatKnits said...

Your button spacing gadget is fascinating! Wow! And YAY for Gnomes! :) Sarah of Imagined Landscapes is the best! She gives such great tips and tricks for Gnome Success!

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)