Wednesday, December 14, 2022

UNRAVELED WEDNESDAY




Pin strip flannel Folkwear Shirt




It is a busy time of year here at Little House. No matter how I try to slow down December, I can never slow it down enough. Keeping up with ‘normal’ things and then the decorating, baking, events, etc., I ask myself why oh why don’t we spread all this ‘fun’ across 12 months? This year I am making a consorted effort to remember Christmas is a season, not a day or a week.


I do have one plan for January, we are going to eat our freezer food down. I am planning on a 100 dollar food budget for the entire month of January. This means we will only be buying fresh produce once a week and milk. Eric is on board, we will see how it all works out. 


In the making department, I continue to work on the Hexie quilt (so close, so close.) Of course there are other quilts needing some attention but they are moved to the back till Hexie is finished.


I am going to cut a shirt out for me, a night shirt will be how I wear this, it will be sewn in a flannel that I picked up second hand. I have made several Folkwear patterns in my time and this shirt I have made at least two other times. Hope I remember how to do all the details.


My Christmas/Winter jacket I found at a Flea Market recently and fell in LOVE! Look at that embroidery! Not sure when this was made, but we believe it is fairly vintage (50’s-60’s?)


Knitting: Half and Half is worked on in the evening sharing my time with Groovey. Both of these knits are mindless, which also means boring so easy to get distracted.


Wishing everyone a calm week as we carry on.

Pop over to Kat’s for some great knitting and books.

 

8 comments:

Vera said...

Your Christmas jacket is GORGEOUS! What a beautiful find. I hope you share your shirt once you have made it - the pattern is really cute.

Cathy said...

Love the jacket, and also the cover on your pattern, so evocative.

Sarah said...

That coat is such a great find! They really don't make clothes like they used to, do they?

Kym said...

That coat, Eileen! What a find! It's just lovely -- and so unique. Enjoy December, even though it feels like a whirlwind sometimes . . .

AsKatKnits said...

What fun to all of this! Well, except maybe the Great Freezer Eat Down... that sounds challenging!

Your jacket is just stunning! Wow! What in incredible find! And second hand flannel... yes please!

Juliann said...

Love that red coat! How fun. And your plan to eat down the freezer sounds solid. I have been distracted by hand stitching the last few weeks but a quilt is on the horizon here too.

Jane said...

Back in the day, I made two Folkwear Patterns. One was a dress for my daughter around age 8 or 9. I agree. I continue to remind myself that Christmas is a season. Enjoy as best you can.

karen said...

I love the idea of eating the freezer stuff, I don't know if I have a month's worth but wouldn't it be fun to see how far we could go!!

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)