Thursday, November 17, 2022

IT'S BEEN AWHILE



(this is not my quilt, my inspiration)






 It's been awhile....
What have I been doing? A little of this and a little of that. I joined several Guilds; sewing, knitting and rug hooking-all the things I love to spend time working on. So many amazing new friendships.....COVID is over and life is being lived again. 
Having just returned from a long weekend quilting retreat, one quilt I saw at the retreat moved to the top of "I have to make this quilt". I  am rarely moved to run out, buy fabric and start on a quilt by actually following the pattern. The pattern is a BOM from a guild I am a member,
I will be using French General. 
Also worked on a paper piecing pineapple blocks. This will be a year long or more work in progress. I need 50 blocks, and am using scraps from stash. 

Took my first spinning class this fall, (I have been spinning for 20+ years), and love what I learned. I have a bin of odds and ends to be spun into some amazing yarns. As always, knitting is a constant companion of mine, and my grand babies
are my favorite people to knit for, (they are small enough that projects go fast).

Feels good to be back. 

4 comments:

Sarah said...

You may not have been posting, but you've certainly been busy with the crafting!

Kym said...

So nice to see you again! And it looks like you've been very busy with all sorts of lovely projects. :-)

Jane said...

Welcome back. Look at all your wonderful projects. The quilt block is lovely.

Juliann in WA said...

I love the French General fabrics. I have been busy sorting my fabric, looking for inspiration. Are your guilds local or online?

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)