Tuesday, November 22, 2022

AND, SHE IS OFF AND RUNNING










It's PIE Season here at Me Oh My Pie and Coffee! Caitlin and her bakers put out hundreds of pies between the Monday and Thursday noon of the Thanksgiving week. It's all hands on deck! Mr.P and I have the kids during the week, (not old enough to work yet in the kitchen or they too would be enlisted.) Instead the littles get to help us do the Thanksgiving feast shopping. Costco was crazy, Eric and I commented that we had never seen such crowds and lines to check out. While Eric waited in line, I took the kids over for pizza.. Once home they emptied the car, first of course with some discourse and then a fun game was made up while bringing all the goods in the house. Kids and imagination-its AMAZING.

Being the week of Thanksgiving, kids and pies, not much making will be done. The pineapple square was made at a recent Quilt Retreat and the Star block-finished on a Zoom quilt together on Sunday. 

On Thursday we will be gathering family and friends for a BIG Thanksgiving dinner(~35 people) after the shop closes.
Many thoughts on all I and my family have to be grateful for this year!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I hope at least some of those pies will get to be eaten by you and your family! I'm sure when the week is over you'll all be ready for a good long rest. Enjoy!

Juliann in WA said...

Happy Thanksgiving. I have much quilting on my mind these days. Love to see your blocks

AsKatKnits said...

I hope your Thanksgiving was full of good things... including some pies! Your quilt blocks look so gorgeous!

Jane said...

I hope pie season was a success without too much exhaustion. I hope you and your family were able to sample some of the pie.

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)